"Presbyterians are called to be missionaries right where they live, proclaim the gospel, attend to people's spiritual needs, and work to improve their human condition" - source: PC(USA) website. Southminster has a long history of committed mission.
Southminster supports and is involved with several programs and organizations.
Click here to view the Southminster Mission brochure.
Click on the links to learn more.
- Hunger Offering
- South Hills Food Pantry
- Produce to People
- East End Cooperative Ministry
- The Table
New Church Development
- Hot Metal Bridge Faith Community
- House of Manna
- The Open Door/Garfield Community Farm
Support of Congregations
- Brookline Boulevard United Presbyterian Church
- Crafton Heights Open Door Youth Outreach Center
- South Hills Interfaith Ministries
- Family Promise
- Foundation of H.O.P.E. Mentoring Program
- St. Andrews Secondary School in Mulanje, Malawi
- Malawi Partnership of the Pittsburgh Presbytery
Shelvis and Nancy Smith-Mather, South Sudan
Congregational Mission Trips
Other Mission Involvement and Support
- Angel Tree
- Medical Benevolence Foundation